Many of you were involved in the year-long open policy-making process on data sharing proposals, which concluded before the General Election. During this process we looked at policy proposals to improve public sector access to data for the purposes of:
- supporting better research and statistics to enable better evidence-based decision making on the modern economy and social issues;
- combating fraud against the public sector and reducing debt with government; and
- ensuring that public services are delivered to those who need them, when they need them, by better targeted delivery.
Since the conclusions of the process were made available at www.datasharing.org.uk earlier this year we have continued to develop the proposals in the spirit of what was agreed, on which we may go to public consultation in late January/February 2016. In advance of this, you are invited to attend two sessions in January, to:
- Update you on our work since
- Review, improve & feedback on the proposals
- Help shape the upcoming consultation
The first session will take place on 6 January and the second on 19 January. Both sessions will run between 10am to 2pm in a venue to be confirmed in Central London.
We appreciate that the Christmas and New Year period will place many demands on your time, but we would be grateful if you could make time to contribute your views to this important matter and set a placeholder in your diaries. We will send you an agenda and discussion papers shortly along with confirmation of the venue. We expect a lot of interest in the event, so please let us know as soon as possible if you would like to attend.
Cabinet Office Data Sharing Team
Please RSVP for the sessions via the following links. They will cover different issues, so ideally we would like participants to attend both:
Session 1, which will review the data sharing proposals: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/data-sharing-workshop-i-tickets-19952384118
Session 2, which will review the possible public consultation: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/data-sharing-workshop-ii-tickets-19952324941